Applications are now open for Round 1 of Redland City Council’s annual Sponsorship Program.
Acting Mayor Julie Talty said a total funding pool of $160,000 was available over two rounds of sponsorship this financial year to support community-based events and initiatives held on Redlands Coast.
“Council sponsorship helps local organisations, community groups and individuals run a diverse range of events, projects and initiatives that directly benefit our community,” Cr Talty said.
“Sponsorship can take the form of either financial or in-kind support and I would encourage all event and activity organisers to consider applying for this support.”
Since 2016, Council has awarded more than $1.07 million in sponsorship.
This includes $84,563 allocated in the previous round for:
- Surf Life Saving Queensland’s Kozii Iron Challenge – $5329
- Stradbroke Chamber Music Festival 2022 – $5103
- Coochiemudlo Island Mangrove Festival – $2500 and $900 in Quandamooka Cultural Awareness funding
- 2022 Cleveland Caravan, Camping, Boating & 4×4 Expo – $15,000
- Redlands Museum’s Small Museums Conference 2022 – $1230 and $1500 in Quandamooka Cultural Awareness funding
- Calvary Family Church Mount Cotton Carols in the Park – $15,001
- Queensland Triathlon Series – Raby Bay (3 races) – $15,000
- Redlands Netball Association Community Celebration – $10,000
- Minjerribah Moorgumpin Elders-in-Council NAIDOC Day community event – $5000 and $1500 in Quandamooka Cultural Awareness funding
- Point Lookout Boardriders’ Straddie Assault 2022 – $6500
Applications for Round 1 of this year’s Sponsorship Program will be accepted until 14 August and will support activities and events that provide tangible and measurable benefits to the Redlands community.
There are categories for minor sponsorship (up to $15,000) and major sponsorship ($15,001 and over).
Additional funding of up to $1500 per event is available to support Quandamooka cultural awareness and inclusion activities such as dancers, cultural demonstrations and smoking ceremonies at sponsored events or activities, until funds are exhausted.
A second sponsorship round will open in February 2023.
For eligibility criteria and to learn more about how to apply for sponsorship, visit Redland City Council’s website or call 3829 8999.