Pictured above: King’s Birthday Honours recipients in Council Chambers with Mayor Karen Williams (centre) are (from left to right) Cody Schaeffer, Dr Donald Gilmour, Dr Tony Badrick, Graeme Roberts-Thomson, Dr Robyn Thompson and Raymond Sandford (not present, Michael Shearer).
Seven Redlands Coast residents who received King’s Birthday Honours this year were recognised at a special event at Redland City Council today, Wednesday 19 July 2023.
Mayor Karen Williams hosted a morning tea with Redland City Councillors and senior Council officers to congratulate the recipients on behalf of the city.
Cr Williams also formally recognised their achievements during the monthly General Meeting that followed the event.
“It is a privilege to acknowledge Dr Tony Badrick AM, Dr Donald Gilmore OAM, Graeme Roberts-Thomson OAM, Raymond Sandford OAM, Cody Schaeffer OAM, Dr Robyn Thompson OAM and Michael Shearer PSM,” Cr Williams said.
“Our local King’s Birthday Honours recipients join a prestigious list of people whose actions have set them apart and enriched our community across a broad range of professional, public and community service sectors.
“These outstanding individuals have delivered exceptional results in the areas of diagnostic pathology, midwifery, forestry, public administration, and service to veterans, families and youth.
“It is very pleasing to see them being recognised for their hard work and dedication in their chosen fields.”
Redlands Coast recipients of 2023 King’s Birthday Honours are:
- Dr Tony Badrick – Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia for significant service to diagnostic pathology in leadership roles, and to education.
- Dr Donald Gilmour – Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division for service to the forestry sector.
- Graeme Roberts-Thomson – Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division for service to public administration.
- Raymond Sandford – Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division for service to veterans and their families.
- Cody Schaeffer – Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division for service to youth, and to the community of Queensland.
- Dr Robyn Thompson – Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in the General Division for service to medicine, particularly as a midwife and breastfeeding specialist.
- Michael Shearer – Public Service Medal (PSM) for outstanding public service to youth, community and families in regional Queensland.