Check out Council’s What’s On calendar!
A great way to find out about upcoming events and activities in the Redlands
From markets and festivals to exhibitions and school holiday fun, What’s On showcases lots of new and interesting Council-run and community events to liven up your social calendar.
Organising something in the Redlands?
Advertise your event on What’s On! Go to our What’s On and click on Submit a new
event. Council can also assist you with your community event in the Redlands, including application procedures and providing expert advice on producing your event in the City.
For more information email [email protected] or phone 3829 8999.
ANZAC Day holiday closures
Unless otherwise indicated below, normal operating hours apply:
- Redland Libraries and Redland Art Gallery, Capalaba: Closed ANZAC Day Saturday 25 April.
- IndigiScapes Centre and Visitor information Centre: Open ANZAC Day Saturday 25 April from 1pm onwards with limited staff and service.
- Animal Shelter: Open ANZAC Day Saturday 25 April from 9am to 12pm.
- RecycleWorld: Closed Anzac Day Saturday 25 April, reopening Thursday 30 April.
For more information, contact Council on 3829 8999.
Minor home modifications
Redland Home Assist Secure can help people with disabilities improve their safety and access at home.
- Are you under 65 years of age?
- Do you own or rent your home?
- Do you need assistance with daily living activities?
You may be eligible for financial assistance for minor home modifications that improve your safety and access in and around your home. Extra funding is available but only until June 2015 so phone now 3383 3030.
Help save the glossy black-cockatoo
Council is calling for volunteers to help with the annual survey of the glossy black-cockatoo on Sunday 3 May 2015.
The glossy black-cockatoo is one of the more threatened cockatoo species in Australia and listed as a vulnerable species in Queensland. To find out how to get involved,visit www.indigiscapes.com.au or phone 3824 8611.
Birkdale Landfill Rehabilitation works update
Works are progressing well with the recent purchase of high quality clay material to be used for soil capping prior to adding a grass cover. This treatment will improve water and storm water quality on the site.
Expect delays at the Birkdale Waste Transfer Station.
Trucks are now bringing in this clay, to be transported on week days until the end of May (weather permitting).
To avoid delays during these works:
- Minimise visits to Birkdale tip
- Use the Redland Bay Waste Transfer Station at 761-789 German Church Rd (Redland Bay accepts all residential waste, however can only accept commercial greenwaste.)
Thank you for your patience. For more information phone 3829 8999.
General Meeting – Wednesday 22 April, 9.30am